Saragrahi.Org's Featured Presentation “Two”
Srila Prabhupada's Antya-lila
??? Was He Systematically Poisoned ???
Time Period “Prologue”
A Introductory Mix of the Last Six Months of Srila Prabhupada Being Present
Segment 2
Abhirama dasa, July 28 - August 2, 1977
Part 2

That same night, Srila Prabhupada asked about my wife’s family.  If they would welcome him, and I said, of course they would.  So, he was discussing a little bit about the idea of going to Key West to revive his health, but it was just a passing discussion and I was encouraging that Hawaii would be better; the facilities would be better there. 

And Srila Prabhupada was commenting about my wife’s family, and about my wife.  Srila Prabhupada said,

“She has a nice devotee husband”.

The next morning, the 29th, Srila Prabhupada spoke to me about my wife.  We were downstairs in the front room and we were discussing her.

“She is quite fit for being the daughter of a rich man, and the wife of a Vaisëava.  One thing I have seen is that she is not proud”. 

My wife was also the daughter of a rich man; previous a US Senator from the state of Florida, but she was very proud.  I think that

Srila Prabhupada had noticed that my wife was not a beautiful woman, he said to me,

“A woman’s beauty, is her faithfulness to her husband”.

Then again Srila Prabhupada talked about going to America.

“I was praying this morning in front of Krishna and Balarama.  What is the use of living like this?  If I go to America, my disciples will be very enlivened.  If I come even at the risk of my life”.

Again, that night I went to his bedroom at 11:30 and he was lying down, and he said,

“What is your opinion?”

Just out of the clear blue he said that.  Of course, I knew he was referring to what was on his mind, which was going to America.  So, I said there was only the consideration that if it would enthuse him, and bring back to health.

“Well, my position is marginal.  It may change any time.  I was translating”.

“Yes, you were translating a few days ago, more than ever”.

Which was true.  He was translating in very great volumes.

“Perhaps you should wait a few days and see if your health changes”.

Srila Prabhupada made a sound of agreement, “Hmm”.

The next day on the 30th of July, Srila Prabhupada requested Tamal Krishna Gosvami to consult with three astrologers and have them study his chart to determine if he should travel or not.  So Tamal sent Yasodanandana Svami to Delhi. 

Dr. Sharma went to Mathura, and Bhaktaprema Svami to Vrindavana, to find different astrologers.  Srila Prabhupada slept quite a bit most of the night.

On July 31st three astrology reports arrived and were read to Srila Prabhupada at different times in the morning.  All seemed to agree that the next two months would be the most difficult of his life, and he should not travel during this time.  In the afternoon the governor of Tamal Nadu came, along with the district magistrate of Mathura.  They met with Srila Prabhupada for about half an hour.  The governor promised to speak to the prime minister whom he was seeing the next day, on our behalf, regarding residency permits.  Srila Prabhupada, even from his sickbed, was very concerned with different moves to advance our preaching in India.  The governor invited Srila Prabhupada to come to stay with him in the Raj-bhavan in Madras.  He said the best Kavirajas, (Ayurvedic doctors), where there and that he would assemble a team of the best to treat Srila Prabhupada.  Srila Prabhupada agreed with him, and he began talking the rest of the day about going to Madras.  So, this was also discussed.

On August 1st Srila Prabhupada was Il the whole day. Now he was constantly Il during these times.  At night I went up to Srila Prabhupada’s bedroom and he was resting inside his mosquito net.  I massaged him on and off for about 2 hours, and he then asked me to message his right side of his chest.  He said he was feeling pain in the ribs.  I had noted in my diary that today Srila Prabhupada’s health is worse now than it is ever been.  Currently his health was sinking very rapidly over the last few days.  He has not translated for the last four days, and he has not eaten anything except for milk, and some fruit juice.  We were giving him milk, grape, and orange juice.  This diet has been going on and off, for almost a month.  Although he would occasionally take some solid food; it was so small an amount, and at such intermittent times, that it is not worth consideration.  He was maintaining his body on this milk and fruit juice.

On August 2nd, he had something to eat, but he was vomiting. His stomach is badly disturbed.  Not taking any food, nausea, lack of digestion.  He was vomiting, and he has been sleeping a lot; he was apparently asleep for the whole night, and most of the day.  That night Srila Prabhupada was sleeping outside on the back porch.  At 11:30 I went up to do my service.  He stirred at about 1:10 and I went to his side.  He asked.

“Who has there?”

“Abhirama”, I answered.

“So, you are prepared to do the secretary work if Tamal goes out of the country for visa?”

“Yes! especially if some other visiting GBC who can do the important letters; for my signature is not suitable for some things”.

 Srila Prabhupada asked me about the banking, and I told him that I was learning all that, and that I was doing the ledger.  He sat up and I scratched his back.  We discussed the Mayapur shooting incident for some time.

“They intended it to go on much more.  But by the grace of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, we have been saved”, said Prabhupada.

Your Comment(s), will be Appreciated! "Thank You"

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x